From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Cc: qa@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-qa] Re: Roll-call for the team members and requesting a new election
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 19:05:06
1 On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 07:46:45PM +0200, Diego Elio “Flameeyes” Pettenò wrote:
2 > First off, checking the current list of QA members, please answer just
3 > to make sure you are active and still interested of being part of the
4 > team:
5 > [...]
6 > - Markos Chandras
7 > [...]
8 Apparently I am here and as active as I can be
9 >
10 > After this I'd like to call for an election of a new lead; I have asked
11 > privately for Mark to resign, or call up new elections himself, so that
12 > I could avoid to state it this way but I see no other choice.
13 >
14 > Given the current (sorry) state of QA, working mostly leadless (Mark
15 > seems to be around when you're complaining he's not around), and with
16 > most members apathetic about all kind of issues, I'm proposing myself as
17 > new lead.
18 Elections might be a solution to that but even a meeting could help the
19 situation. It seems to me that QA is more like one,two,three individual people
20 doing all the work. It should be more like a team work, act as a team, backing
21 up a member when he is being "attacked" by other devs because he "had to" step
22 up and mess with their packages just to preserve future portage breakage.
23 >
24 > The role of the lead in this project cannot be simply a "supervising"
26 > elections right away.
27 Diego pretty much said what I am thinking atm
30 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
31 Gentoo Linux Developer
32 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org
33 Key ID: 441AC410
34 Key FP: AAD0 8591 E3CD 445D 6411 3477 F7F7 1E8E 441A C410