From: "Diego Elio “Flameeyes” Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Cc: qa@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-qa] Roll-call for the team members and requesting a new election
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 18:04:53
First off, checking the current list of QA members, please answer just
to make sure you are active and still interested of being part of the
team:

 - Mark Loeser
 - Diego Elio Pettenò (here);
 - Markos Chandras
 - Christian Ruppert
 - Piotr Jaroszyński
 - Tomas Chvatal
 - Ned Ludd (not on qa@g.o alias)
 - Sven Wegener
 - Torsten Veller
 - Joshua Jackson (not on qa@g.o alias)
 - Mike Frysinger
 - Samuli Suominen (not on project page)
 - Brian Ferring (not on project page)

After this I'd like to call for an election of a new lead; I have asked
privately for Mark to resign, or call up new elections himself, so that
I could avoid to state it this way but I see no other choice.

Given the current (sorry) state of QA, working mostly leadless (Mark
seems to be around when you're complaining he's not around), and with
most members apathetic about all kind of issues, I'm proposing myself as
new lead.

The role of the lead in this project cannot be simply a "supervising"
one, given that it's the only member of the team that devrel is
interested in hearing from (situation that, by itself, should probably
be changed); it requires actual leading and decision-taking, especially
given the current situation where many policies have never been written
down, and our documentation resources for developers are scattered and
outdated.

Given that I for one feel like the lead should be an active presence in
the project, together with my offer to step up I promise that if I ever
were to find myself in a situation where I wouldn't be able to find the
time to keep up with my duties, I'd be resigning and asking for new
elections right away.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/