From: Jeffrey Forman <jforman@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Release Guidelines
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:23:54
1 > Example: stage3-athlon-xp-2005.1.tar.bz2 would become
2 > stage3-athlon-xp-2005.1-r1.tar.bz2
5 I agree on the naming nomenclature. There should never be "two different
6 files on the mirrors of the same name." Always increment the -r#.
9 > Now, should infra (well, Jeff) take the point in coordinating changes,
10 > as in commits of updates, with the GDP, as it will be determined by the
11 > time things are pushed to the mirrors, or should that remain a task for
12 > the releng leads?
15 I think no matter what, there needs to be a clean handoff. None of this
16 "well once I do this, you do that..." For lack of a better way to phrase
17 it: give me everything and I'll handle pushing out the files, and posting
18 the PR on www.g.o. But you damn well better be finalized on all of it when
19 you send it to me and give me the go ahead.
20
21 -Jeff
25 Jeffrey Forman
26 Gentoo Infrastructure