From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Meeting followup
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 21:42:30
1 On 12 May 2004, at 23:36, John Davis wrote:
2
3 > Hi all -
4 > Sorry that I had to bail out of the meeting early, something came up at
5 > work that required my full attention :/
6 >
7 > Either way, the meeting was very productive. Here are the minutes of
8 > the
9 > meeting:
10 >
11 > -Releng voted that it should focus more on releng related features that
12 > enhance the releng media instead of focusing on more broad feature
13 > requests like ebuild GPG signing or portage-ng implementation. The main
14 > reasons for choosing this decision were that the releng project should
15 > not dictate to the other projects deadlines and goals and that we
16 > simply
17 > lack the manpower. The idea of a "Product Manager", introduced by
18 > Klieber on the -dev mailing-list was brought up, but decided that the
19 > position did not fall under releng. The overall opinion was that it was
20 > a good idea but not one that belonged to any one project; it should be
21 > on a higher administrative level.
22 >
23 > *Please note that pvdabeel was not here for the vote and I still have
25 > talk with him, so this may be subject to change.
26
27 nothing but good things here, so yep I'm all for it.
28
29 Best regards,
30
31 Pieter Van den Abeele