From: Jeffrey Forman <jforman@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] mode #gentoo-releng +m
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:02:58
1 Ballerina Benni and releng,
2
3 I would have absolutely no problem making releng +m. On another note,
4 during releases, I would even think #-releng should go +i, so that dev's
5 can get stuff done. As you can see, I changed the topic to something
6 different in there because users were coming in bugging that they wanted
7 2004.2. During non-release periods, having it -mi helps with users
8 coming in with specific livecd questions, some things have been solved
9 that way. But during release periods, I need to know that I can say "hey
10 guys, i'm pushing 2004.2 out" and I dont have users crawling up my ass
11 asking "is it ready? is it ready? can i test?" I believe zhen is the
12 owner of the channel if my chanserv memory serves me correctly. If he
13 wants to delegate op-giving permissions to a couple guys, I would
14 happily bear that responsibility.
15
16 my 2 cents,
17 jeffrey