From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] mode #gentoo-releng +m
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:57:43
1 On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 09:02, Jeffrey Forman wrote:
2 > Ballerina Benni and releng,
3 >
4 > I would have absolutely no problem making releng +m. On another note,
5 > during releases, I would even think #-releng should go +i, so that dev's
6 > can get stuff done. As you can see, I changed the topic to something
7 > different in there because users were coming in bugging that they wanted
8 > 2004.2. During non-release periods, having it -mi helps with users
9 > coming in with specific livecd questions, some things have been solved
10 > that way. But during release periods, I need to know that I can say "hey
11 > guys, i'm pushing 2004.2 out" and I dont have users crawling up my ass
12 > asking "is it ready? is it ready? can i test?" I believe zhen is the
13 > owner of the channel if my chanserv memory serves me correctly. If he
14 > wants to delegate op-giving permissions to a couple guys, I would
15 > happily bear that responsibility.
16 >
17 > my 2 cents,
18 > jeffrey
21 I have no problem doing that ... someone just needs to refresh me on the
22 intricacies of IRC administration ;) Ping me on chan sometime please.
23
24 Cheers,
25 --
26 John Davis
27 Gentoo Linux Developer
28 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>
29
30 ----
31 GnuPG Public Key: <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen/zhen_pub.asc>
32 Fingerprint: 4F9E 41F6 D072 5C1A 636C 2D46 B92C 4823 E281 41BB