From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: Free-standing Portage / Recent stage3 tarballs / Beta
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 08:51:53
1 davecode@××××××××××.net a écrit :
2 > I'm not clear how I said otherwise? Well, okay, straighten me out ...
3 > My understanding is
4 >
5 > * Gentoo has two parallel ongoing branches, arch and ~arch
6 > * ~arch has more recent packages than arch but less stability
7 > * both branches keep upgrading over time with bug/security/feature fixes
8 > * the only stage3 tarballs that exist are for the previous mega public
9 > release
10 > * Gentoo releng team plants a pole in the ground and ~arch becomes arch
11 > "beta"
12
13 Nope, this is not how it happens. The stabling process happens all year
14 long, even when releases are not being prepared.
15
16 In fact, very little changes when releases are being, as Chris and
17 Andrew said, the stable release is a snapshot of the stable tree at a
18 given moment in time. Nothing else. arch doesn't change, ~arch doesn't
19 change either.
20
21 Rémi
22 --