From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Meeting followup
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 20:17:27
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote: [Thu May 13 2004, 09:38:11AM EDT]
2 > On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 17:36, John Davis wrote:
3 > > Please note that I will be committing my Catalyst 3rd party module code
4 > > to CVS tonite. There have been some major changes in the layout of the
5 > > runscript, but they have mostly been cosmetic. Please note that to take
6 > > advantage of the 3rd party modules fix, you will have to unmask
7 > > >=baselayout-1.9.0 in your snapshots.
8 >
9 > Does this mean a new version of catalyst will be put into portage for
10 > the release? How soon before we can expect it? Does this mean there
11 > will be a push to stabilize the 1.9.0 version of baselayout?
12
13 No, but 1.9.1, yes.
14
15 *baselayout-1.9.1 (10 May 2004)
16
17 10 May 2004; Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o> +baselayout-1.9.1.ebuild,
18 -baselayout-1.9.0.ebuild:
19 Update to rc-scripts-1.4.12, which fixes the following issues that
20 were introduced in baselayout-1.9.0:
21 - Fix bug 50434: The new version of start-stop-daemon changes
22 directory to / by default unless --chdir is specified. Revert
23 this behavior to maintain working directory. This fixes openvpn
24 startup (probably among other things). Thanks to Sven Wegener for
25 the patch.
26 - Fix bug 50448: Four days ago I changed bash loops to use the wrong
27 conditional syntax in net.eth0. Thanks to Sven Wegener for
28 pointing out the problem and providing a patch.
29
30 Regards,
31 Aron
34 Aron Griffis
35 Gentoo Linux Developer (alpha / baselayout / ia64 / mozilla / mutt / ruby / vim)