From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: zhen@g.o
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Meeting followup
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 13:36:30
1 On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 17:36, John Davis wrote:
2 > Please note that I will be committing my Catalyst 3rd party module code
3 > to CVS tonite. There have been some major changes in the layout of the
4 > runscript, but they have mostly been cosmetic. Please note that to take
5 > advantage of the 3rd party modules fix, you will have to unmask
6 > >=baselayout-1.9.0 in your snapshots.
7
8 Does this mean a new version of catalyst will be put into portage for
9 the release? How soon before we can expect it? Does this mean there
10 will be a push to stabilize the 1.9.0 version of baselayout?
11
12 > Additionally, I have committed an example livecd-stage2 template spec.
13 > It can be found at
14 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/docs/livecd-stage2_template.spec.txt when the web mirrors update. If it is too x86 specific, I can always tweak it so it is more generic, just let me know.
15 >
16 > You can find the meeting log at http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen/releng-20040512-log.txt. Let me know if there is
17 > anything else I can do/provide :)
18
19 I know that we had deferred the X LiveCD to 2004.3, but I think we
20 should at least work to get a working .spec/template available in
21 catalyst. I have a working one for x86.
24 Chris Gianelloni
25 Developer, Gentoo Linux
26 Games Team
27