From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Release Guidelines
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:57:28
1 On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 11:22:28AM -0400 or thereabouts, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > policy regarding "official" status
3
4 This is the one I care most about. I would like to see a handoff from
5 releng to infra once releng is 100% comfortable that the release is ready
6 to go. From there, infra should be responsible for making sure the bits
7 are staged to all our mirrors, torrents are seeded, etc. Then, we (infra)
8 should post the announcement to www.g.o and the various channels announcing
9 the release. If someone else wants to write it and/or if PR wants to vet
10 it, that's fine. I just think the actual posting should be done by infra
11 to ensure we have everything in place on our distribution infrastructure
12 before we release.
13
14 --kurt