From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86 netboot, because beejay sucks
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 18:05:52
1 On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 08:00, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 10:53:16PM +0200, Guy Martin wrote:
3 > > I'd like to see such thing integrated into catalyst. Actualy Weeve wrote
4 > > a bash script to build netboot images for sparc but it's not very
5 > > flexible :-/
6 > > Maybe I could help with this. I'd really like to publish netboot images
7 > > for hppa.
8 >
9 > I'd like to see something like this integrated in Catalyst as well.
10 > Netbooting is heavily used on most of the organisations I administer systems
11 > for as it provides great flexibility.
12 >
13 > It might also be very interesting for JumpStart-like possibilities (as a
14 > start).
15 >
16 > Wkr,
17 > Sven Vermeulen
18
19 I'm game :)
20 File a bug please and attach that script from weeve. TBH, I know very
21 little about the netboot process and what is needed, but if I have some
22 code to look at, I should be OK.
23
24 BTW, sorry that I have been rather silent lately on the lists and IRC. I
25 have been way busy with school, both academics and extracurriculars. I
26 am still reading my mail and conducting correspondence though. Don't
27 think that i have disappeared ;)
28
29 Regards,
30 --
31 John Davis
32 Gentoo Linux Developer
33 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>
34
35 ----
36 GnuPG Public Key: <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen/zhen_pub.asc>
37 Fingerprint: 4F9E 41F6 D072 5C1A 636C 2D46 B92C 4823 E281 41BB