From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Using cdrkit instead of cdrtools
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 00:10:19
Hi,

you might have followed the discussion about cdrtools'
license change back in last summer.  In order to avoid any
conflicts I suggest we should switch to app-cdr/cdrkit, the
GPLed version of CD/DVD recording tools.

cdrkit is fully compatible to cdrtools and provides
virtual/cdrtools.  Every application with CD/DVD writing
capabilities has been tested and some are patched now.  Most
arches already contain a stabled 1.0 version of cdrkit.  My
tests with ppc32-release-building and using cdrkit were
successful.

So I ask to switch to cdrkit, if there are no objections?

Regards, Lars

--
Lars Weiler  <pylon@g.o>  +49-171-1963258
Gentoo Linux PowerPC    : Strategical Lead and Release Engineer