From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] the drum beats in the distance...
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:01:16
1 On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 07:58:58PM -0500, Jeffrey Forman wrote:
2 > Your friendly infra liason here. Just wanted to remind y'all that today
3 > is the 15th (16th if over in EU/Asia), and that all livecd's and stages
4 > must be uploaded to your devspace by the 18th (which is this coming
5 > Sunday). I spoke to zhen and he confirmed that md5sum's must also
6 > accompany all files uploaded so we can check those as well before we
7 > stage the mirrors. Once again, the work you guys do far exceeds anything
8 > I could ever dream of doing. I'm just the lowly mirror monkey. If you
9 > have any releng questions, bug zhen with a hot cattle prod. Anything
10 > infra related, ping me nicely with a cotton ball.
11
12 May I note that I have not received any input from any architecture
13 developer regarding the:
14 - available kernels
15 - available bootoptions
16 - content of the CDs
17
18 Without this information, I really cannot do anything documentation-wise and
19 you'll all be stuck with 2004.0 information instead of 2004.1. I'd really
20 hate to see a good 2004.1 release be brought down due to communication
21 issues (again).
22
23 Note that I cannot fix documentation in 1 hour before the deadline. I do
24 need some time to write and verify the documentation and in the condition
25 I'm currently in this can take a while :p
26
27 Wkr,
28 Sven Vermeulen
31 ^__^ And Larry saw that it was Good.