From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] alpha and x86 docs ready, rest still pending
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 15:42:30
1 On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 05:30:31PM +0200, Lars Weiler wrote:
2 > I never understood wherefore GDP needs the information like
3 > kernels and that all. If the arch-coordinator organised a
4 > to have an up-to-date documentation, everything should be
5 > fine.
6
7 Because we have *two* handbooks, one for the networkless installations and
8 one for the network based ones. The files we require are needed to verify if
9 the networkless instructions work properly. If an architecture team tells me
10 that the docs are fine, that is okay as well, as long as I get some notice
11 about it.
12
13 If you leave out the GDP in the release process, you'll eventually get into
14 trouble where releases are made and the online docs are not ready yet.
15
16 > All in all it looks like that you must have missed a lot of
17 > communication...
18
19 Quite a lot, yes. Makes me wonder where that communication is happening.
22 Documentation project leader - Gentoo Foundation Trustee
23
24 The Gentoo Project <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>