From: P Purkayastha <ppurka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [patch] system-wide install of debug_gap.vim can not be overridden
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 04:19:58
On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 03:18:51 +0800, Francois Bissey
<fbissey@××××××××××××.nz> wrote:

>> Hi, >> >> I installed sage and also gap via the sage-for-gentoo overlay on a >> Gentoo linux system (64 bit installation). It turned out that gap >> installed a plugin /usr/share/vim/vimfiles/plugin/gap_debug.vim where >> some keybindings are defined to help debug gap programs. >> >> First, I think this file should go under >> /usr/share/vim/vimfiles/ftplugin directory since it applies only to gap >> files. Secondly, the files define some keybindings without allowing for >> the user to override those keybindings in ~/.vimrc. >> >> I am attaching a patch which defines a global vim variable. If the user >> sets that variable in ~/.vimrc, then this gap plugin will not be read. >> This is one way I think the plugin can be made to not supersede user >> settings. >> >> If there is some other way of overriding that plugin file, please let me >> know. >> > Hi, > > thanks for the info. It looks like you have found something that is > installed > by "automagic". Not being a fan of vi I don't have it installed and that > vim > file is not installed here. We may need to put it under useflag control. > I think we may adopt your patch until someone more knowledgeable in vim > tell us that's the wrong way of doing things. > > Francois >
Hi Francois, I am not surprised that the file debug_gap.vim is not installed in your system. The installation of this file is handled by the vim-syntax useflag. This useflag also handles the installation of other useful vim files. One option would be to introduce the debug useflag for gap and install this debug_gap.vim file if both vim-syntax and debug flags are on. And, during the src_prepare apply the patch to debug_gap.vim. I can provide you an updated ebuild if you so desire.