From: My Th <rei4dan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Re: overlay move to git
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:35:15
1 Yes, it can be shortened, but basically it goes along with the same
2 lines as your work flow and in addition:
3 - use echangelog to write ChangeLog
4 - use repoman to check ebuilds
5 - create temporary branch for easier coping with others commits
6
7 The last one (using git rebase) lets avoid master branch merge commits
8 (like the one in your commit).
9
10 I also started to use git just recently (a week ago), so I might do some
11 unnecessary things or maybe this work flow can be simplified.. If you
12 see were and how, I would happily take an advice.
15 Cheers,
16 Reinis
17
18 P , 2009-02-23 09:08 +0200, Flammie Pirinen rakstīja:
19 > 2009-02-22, My Th sanoi:
20 >
21 > > There is my work flow with git on Science overlay.
22 >
23 > > >$ git clone git+ssh://git@×××××××××××××××××××.org/proj/sci.git
24 > > >$ git branch $NAME
25 > > >$ git checkout $NAME
26 > > ... edit ...
27 > > >$ git add $FILES
28 > > >$ export ECHANGELOG_USER="Your Name <your.name@g.o>"
29 > > >$ echangelog
30 > > >$ ebuild *.ebuild digest
31 > > >$ repoman -p full
32 > > >$ git add $FILES
33 > > >$ git status
34 > > >$ git commit
35 > > >$ git push --dry-run -v origin HEAD:master
36 > > >$ git checkout master
37 > > >$ git pull origin
38 > > >$ git checkout $NAME
39 > > >$ git rebase master
40 > > >$ git push --dry-run -v origin HEAD:master
41 > > >$ git push -v origin HEAD:master
42 > > >$ git checkout master
43 > > >$ git pull origin
44 > > >$ git branch -d $NAME
45 >
46 > I wonder if this short and simple work flow is really all necessary. I
47 > have to admit I have no prior experience with DVCS’s and in last thread
48 > when I asked advice no one replied, so I just did something along the
49 > lines of:
50 >
51 > $ git pull
52 > $ vim
53 > $ git commit
54 > $ git push
55 >
56 > During my last update. It seemed like it worked though? Will something
57 > break soon if I continue to use this set of commands? What is the work
58 > flow for trivial version bump, if so? I would hope that I do not have
59 > to execute some 22 commands every time I bump my packages from now on.
60 >