From: Flammie Pirinen <flammie@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Re: overlay move to git
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 07:03:43
1 2009-02-22, My Th sanoi:
2
3 > There is my work flow with git on Science overlay.
4
5 > >$ git clone git+ssh://git@×××××××××××××××××××.org/proj/sci.git
6 > >$ git branch $NAME
7 > >$ git checkout $NAME
8 > ... edit ...
9 > >$ git add $FILES
10 > >$ export ECHANGELOG_USER="Your Name <your.name@g.o>"
11 > >$ echangelog
12 > >$ ebuild *.ebuild digest
13 > >$ repoman -p full
14 > >$ git add $FILES
15 > >$ git status
16 > >$ git commit
17 > >$ git push --dry-run -v origin HEAD:master
18 > >$ git checkout master
19 > >$ git pull origin
20 > >$ git checkout $NAME
21 > >$ git rebase master
22 > >$ git push --dry-run -v origin HEAD:master
23 > >$ git push -v origin HEAD:master
24 > >$ git checkout master
25 > >$ git pull origin
26 > >$ git branch -d $NAME
27
28 I wonder if this short and simple work flow is really all necessary. I
29 have to admit I have no prior experience with DVCS’s and in last thread
30 when I asked advice no one replied, so I just did something along the
31 lines of:
32
33 $ git pull
34 $ vim
35 $ git commit
36 $ git push
37
38 During my last update. It seemed like it worked though? Will something
39 break soon if I continue to use this set of commands? What is the work
40 flow for trivial version bump, if so? I would hope that I do not have
41 to execute some 22 commands every time I bump my packages from now on.
44 Flammie, Gentoo Linux Documentation’s Finnish head translator, Finnish
45 overlay keeper and more <http://dev.gentoo.org/~flammie>.