From: Markus Dittrich <markusle@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] mathgl octave bindings
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 14:15:17
1 "Andrey G. Grozin" <A.G.Grozin@×××××××.su> writes:
2 > Hello *,
3 >
4 > Math Graphics Library (mathgl), when emerged with USE=octave, installs
5 > mathgl.tar.gz in /usr/share/mathgl/octave/ . This tarball contains
6 >
7 > grozin@localhost /usr/share/mathgl/octave $ tar tf mathgl.tar.gz
8 > mathgl/
9 > mathgl/INDEX
10 > mathgl/COPYING
11 > mathgl/PKG_ADD
12 > mathgl/inst/
13 > mathgl/inst/i686-pc-linux-gnu-api-v32/
14 > mathgl/inst/i686-pc-linux-gnu-api-v32/mathgl.oct
15 > mathgl/DESCRIPTION
16 >
17 > This is supposed to be mathgl bindings for octave.
18 >
19 > How to install this as an octave package? Perhaps, octave-forge.eclass can
20 > be used? Should I hack the mathgl ebuild so that it does this octave
21 > installation (when USE=octave)? Or, maybe, there should be a separate
22 > octave-mathgl ebuild (perhaps, inheriting octave-forge) which depends on
23 > mathgl[octave]?
24 >
25 > Andrey
29 This looks pretty much like a generic octave-forge package as far as
30 I can tell. Simply renaming one of the octave-forge ebuilds
31 in the overlay should probably work out of the box.
32
33 Best,
34 Markus
38 Markus Dittrich (markusle)