From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <A.G.Grozin@×××××××.su>
To: Markus Dittrich <markusle@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] mathgl octave bindings
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 17:20:26
1 On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Markus Dittrich wrote:
2 > "Andrey G. Grozin" <A.G.Grozin@×××××××.su> writes:
3 >> How to install this as an octave package? Perhaps, octave-forge.eclass can
4 >> be used? Should I hack the mathgl ebuild so that it does this octave
5 >> installation (when USE=octave)? Or, maybe, there should be a separate
6 >> octave-mathgl ebuild (perhaps, inheriting octave-forge) which depends on
7 >> mathgl[octave]?
8 > This looks pretty much like a generic octave-forge package as far as
9 > I can tell. Simply renaming one of the octave-forge ebuilds
10 > in the overlay should probably work out of the box.
11 Yes, thanks, this works for me. But the problem is: mathgl.tar.gz is a
12 generated file (it is actually a target in the mathgl's Makefile). It can
13 be different on different systems (at least, the directory name
14 i686-pc-linux-gnu-api-v32 will be different). So, it cannot have a fixed
15 checksum. Is it possible to write some octave-forge-* like ebuild which
16 will take /usr/share/mathgl/octave/mathgl.tar.gz and install it into
17 /usr/share/octave/packages/ without checking checksums etc.?
18
19 Andrey