From: "de Almeida
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] status of lapack install
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:19:58
1 Hello,
2
3 Is lapack ready for gcc-4.1.1? On my system profile 2006.1, these are
4 the options for lapack install
5
6 ->emerge --search lapack
7
8 * sci-libs/lapack-atlas
9 Latest version available: 3.7.11
10 Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
11 Size of files: 6,924 kB
12 Homepage: http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/
14 routines
15 License: BSD
16
17 * sci-libs/lapack-config
18 Latest version available: 1.0.1
19 Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
20 Size of files: 0 kB
21 Homepage: http://www.gentoo.org/
23 License: GPL-2
24
25 * sci-libs/lapack-reference
26 Latest version available: 3.0-r1
27 Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
28 Size of files: 4,934 kB
29 Homepage: http://www.netlib.org/lapack/index.html
31 Algebra PACKage
32 License: lapack
33
34 I've checked the homepage of lapack-atlas and it says
35
36 At present, it provides C and Fortran77 interfaces to a portably
37 efficient BLAS implementation, as well as a few routines from LAPACK.
38
39 This does not seem as a *full* lapack implementation as called for in
40 the Description field above.
41
42 Therefore I am leaning towards the installation of the lapack-reference
43 package instead. This what an emerge for lapack-reference would do
44
45 ->emerge --pretend --verbose lapack-reference
46
47 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
48
49 Calculating dependencies... done!
50 [ebuild N ] sci-libs/lapack-config-1.0.1 0 kB
51 [ebuild N ] sci-libs/blas-atlas-3.7.11 USE="doc -debug" 1,991 kB
52 [ebuild N ] sci-libs/lapack-reference-3.0-r1 USE="-debug -ifc"
53 4,935 kB
54
55 I suppose since the -ifc flag is the default, the intel compiler will
56 not be called and that the gcc gfortran (G95) compiler will. Is this a
57 correct assumption? Also what is the lapack-config package doing exactly
58 since the blas-config package is not pulled in.
59
60 Thanks,
63 Valmor
66 gentoo-science@g.o mailing list