From: fbissey@××××××××××××.nz
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] cannot build Sage because of Sympy-0.7.1
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 03:03:18
1 Quoting v_2e@×××.net:
2
3 > Hello!
4 >
5 > On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 09:31:12 +1200
6 > fbissey@××××××××××××.nz wrote:
7 >
8 >> Quoting v_2e@×××.net:
9 >>
10 >> > Hello!
11 >> > I've noticed that 'lcalc' is available again and tried to emerge
12 >> > Sage. This time it failed because of 'dev-python/sympy-0.7.1'. It
13 >> > refuses to be built and gives the following error:
14 >> >
15 >> > . . .
16 >> >
17 >> Hi Vladimir,
18 >>
19 >> I cannot reproduce that. Which version of sage do you have currently
20 >> installed and was any component updated recently (mpmath,mpfr,gmp?).
21 >>
22 > Well, actually I lost my "/var" partition several days ago, so now I'm
23 > re-emerging everything although I have already got this "everything" on
24 > the "/usr" partition.
25 > So when I run 'emerge sage', it pulls 'dev-python/sympy-0.7.1' as a
26 > dependency. That is why I'm not sure I can understand why the SymPy
27 > build log mentions Sage at all. How can it know about Sage if Sage is
28 > intended to be merged *after* sympy?
29 > I'm trying to emerge Sage 5.2-r2, and I have Sage-5.2 (I don't
30 > remember exactly whether it was '-r2' or '-r1' though) installed on my
31 > system.
32 >
33 Actually mpmath and sympy autodetect sage at run-time. If it is present they
34 will use it. There is a variable to set off that behavior in mpmath but it the
35 mechanism is currently broken. I talked to both upstream about it and
36 hopefully
37 something will be done about it eventually.
38
39 Technically sympy is a run time dependency of sage so you can emerge it
40 afterwards. Two solutions: skip it and come back to it later when sage
41 has been
42 merged again and hopefully whatever is currently broken (and it is
43 broken) will
44 be fixed. The other solution is to unmerge sage and emerge sympy then
45 start the
46 merge process of sage again.
47
48 Francois