From: v_2e@×××.net
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] cannot build Sage because of Sympy-0.7.1
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:06:23
1 Hello!
2
3 On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 09:31:12 +1200
4 fbissey@××××××××××××.nz wrote:
5
6 > Quoting v_2e@×××.net:
7 >
8 > > Hello!
9 > > I've noticed that 'lcalc' is available again and tried to emerge
10 > > Sage. This time it failed because of 'dev-python/sympy-0.7.1'. It
11 > > refuses to be built and gives the following error:
12 > >
13 > > . . .
14 > >
15 > Hi Vladimir,
16 >
17 > I cannot reproduce that. Which version of sage do you have currently
18 > installed and was any component updated recently (mpmath,mpfr,gmp?).
19 >
20 Well, actually I lost my "/var" partition several days ago, so now I'm
21 re-emerging everything although I have already got this "everything" on
22 the "/usr" partition.
23 So when I run 'emerge sage', it pulls 'dev-python/sympy-0.7.1' as a
24 dependency. That is why I'm not sure I can understand why the SymPy
25 build log mentions Sage at all. How can it know about Sage if Sage is
26 intended to be merged *after* sympy?
27 I'm trying to emerge Sage 5.2-r2, and I have Sage-5.2 (I don't
28 remember exactly whether it was '-r2' or '-r1' though) installed on my
29 system.
30
31 Thanks!
32 Vladimir