From: Alexandre Buisse <nattfodd@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sci-proof
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:02:25
1 On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 12:57:12 +0200, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
5 > C Y wrote:
6 > > I'm sure I missed a few. Anyway, certainly enough to start :-).
7 > >
8 > Well -- if we're going to get *that* specialized <weg>, how about adding
9 > "maria" (which is in Debian -- it's a Petri net reachability analyzer),
10 > the PEPA Workbench (in Java ... most likely not in Debian), PRISM
11 > (http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~dxp/prism/download.php) and PDQ
12 > (http://perfdynamics.com).
15 > Seriously, though, PRISM is a quite useful and magnificent piece of
16 > open-source work. Nearly all the other software in this domain
17 > (probabilistic model checking and Markov process modeling) is either
18 > commercial or tied up in an "academic (non-commercial)" non-free license
19 > of some kind.
20
21 Well, model checking is outside the (admittedly very narrow) scope of
22 software I'm interested/skilled in, which deals mostly with proof
23 assistant. If enough interest is shown, I could try to add them, but
24 after we are done with the proof assistants (another possibility would
25 of course be for you to become a dev yourself and maintain them :)).
26
27 Regards,
28 /Alexandre