From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sci-proof
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 05:18:40
1 C Y wrote:
2 > I'm sure I missed a few. Anyway, certainly enough to start :-).
3 >
4 Well -- if we're going to get *that* specialized <weg>, how about adding
5 "maria" (which is in Debian -- it's a Petri net reachability analyzer),
6 the PEPA Workbench (in Java ... most likely not in Debian), PRISM
7 (http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~dxp/prism/download.php) and PDQ
8 (http://perfdynamics.com).
9
10 Seriously, though, PRISM is a quite useful and magnificent piece of
11 open-source work. Nearly all the other software in this domain
12 (probabilistic model checking and Markov process modeling) is either
13 commercial or tied up in an "academic (non-commercial)" non-free license
14 of some kind.
15 > Cheers,
16 > CY
17 >
19 > Do You Yahoo!?
20 > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
21 > http://mail.yahoo.com
25 M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
26
27 http://linuxcapacityplanning.com