From: v_2e@×××.net
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] Sage 5.2's Notebook does not accept some passwords
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 18:02:38
1 Hello!
2 I upgraded Sage to 5.2 today and I have noticed some strange
3 behaviour with passwords.
4 First of all, I noticed that new Sage Notebook did not accept my old
5 password (which consisted of 3 letters). I started it with
6 'require_login=False" and reset the password for my regular user. After
7 that I had an ability to login with the generated password and change
8 it. However, after changing it to some 3-letters password I cannot
9 login. I tried the passwords gradually "123456", "12345", "1234" and
10 "123". All of them worked fine except for the last one. So, "1234"
11 worked fine, but another 4-letter password did not.
12 And what is the most strange is that any password is accepted by the
13 Notebook server at the time of changing it, but not every password is
14 accepted at login time.
15
16 P.S. I read that Sage 5.2 includes the flask Notebook. Does it mean
17 that in sage-on-gentoo overlay we have the flask Notebook as well?
18
19 Regards,
20 Vladimir
21