From: My Th <rei4dan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Re: overlay move to git
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:55:01
1 > > But whats important from alexxy's solution is, that if you cannot push,
2 > > because your HEAD is not up2date than do
3 > >
4 > > git pull --rebase
5 > >
6 > > and not only
7 > >
8 > > git pull
11 > Sorry wasn't alexxys solution, it was from rei4dan.
14 > But I hit some bad thing, I am working alot with branches and noted that
15 > the .git dir growths and growths, although I removed the branches. Can
16 > I clean this up?
19 Actually "git pull --rebase" was indeed suggested by alexxy on IRC which
20 might be more efficient in normal cases than my approach (git pull with
21 subsequent git rebase).
22
23 So now it is something like this (without branches):
24 >$ git clone
25 ... edit ...
26 >$ git add
27 >$ export ECHANGELOG_USER="me <me@g.o>"