From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Re: overlay move to git
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:54:04
1 Justin schrieb:
2 > Alexey Shvetsov schrieb:
3 >> On Понедельник 23 февраля 2009 10:08:55 Flammie Pirinen wrote:
4 >>> 2009-02-22, My Th sanoi:
5 >>>> There is my work flow with git on Science overlay.
6 >>>>
7 >>>>> $ git clone git+ssh://git@×××××××××××××××××××.org/proj/sci.git
8 >>>>> $ git branch $NAME
9 >>>>> $ git checkout $NAME
10 >>>> ... edit ...
11 >>>>
12 >>>>> $ git add $FILES
13 >>>>> $ export ECHANGELOG_USER="Your Name <your.name@g.o>"
14 >>>>> $ echangelog
15 >>>>> $ ebuild *.ebuild digest
16 >>>>> $ repoman -p full
17 >>>>> $ git add $FILES
18 >>>>> $ git status
19 >>>>> $ git commit
20 >>>>> $ git push --dry-run -v origin HEAD:master
21 >>>>> $ git checkout master
22 >>>>> $ git pull origin
23 >>>>> $ git checkout $NAME
24 >>>>> $ git rebase master
25 >>>>> $ git push --dry-run -v origin HEAD:master
26 >>>>> $ git push -v origin HEAD:master
27 >>>>> $ git checkout master
28 >>>>> $ git pull origin
29 >>>>> $ git branch -d $NAME
30 >>> I wonder if this short and simple work flow is really all necessary. I
31 >>> have to admit I have no prior experience with DVCS’s and in last thread
32 >>> when I asked advice no one replied, so I just did something along the
33 >>> lines of:
34 >>>
35 >>> $ git pull
36 >>> $ vim
37 >>> $ git commit
38 >>> $ git push
39 >>>
40 >>> During my last update. It seemed like it worked though? Will something
41 >>> break soon if I continue to use this set of commands? What is the work
42 >>> flow for trivial version bump, if so? I would hope that I do not have
43 >>> to execute some 22 commands every time I bump my packages from now on.
44 >> Better
45 >> $ git pull
46 >> $ vim
47 >> $ echangelog
48 >> $ repoman commit
49 >> $ git push
52 > But whats important from alexxy's solution is, that if you cannot push,
53 > because your HEAD is not up2date than do
54 >
55 > git pull --rebase
56 >
57 > and not only
58 >
59 > git pull
62 Sorry wasn't alexxys solution, it was from rei4dan.
65 But I hit some bad thing, I am working alot with branches and noted that
66 the .git dir growths and growths, although I removed the branches. Can
67 I clean this up?