From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Re: overlay move to git
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:56:11
1 Henry Gebhardt schrieb:
2 > On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Justin <justin@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> Henry Gebhardt schrieb:
4 >>> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Justin <justin@×××××××××.net> wrote:
5 >>>> Justin schrieb:
6 >>> (...)
7 >>>> But I hit some bad thing, I am working alot with branches and noted that
8 >>>> the .git dir growths and growths, although I removed the branches. Can
9 >>>> I clean this up?
10 >>> Yes! Collect all the garbage with
11 >>>
12 >>> $ git gc
13 >>>
14 >>> ~Henry
15 >>>
16 >> but that doesn't really shrink the size.
17 >
18 > That's weird. How big is it getting? (Mine is 4.1 MB)
19 >
20 150mb adn it shrinked with git gc --agressive down to 120mb.
21
22 What I did was pulling other overlays as branch, doing an filterbranch
23 and only merging certain thing. perhaps this is something different than
24 branching the repo itself.