From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Re: overlay move to git
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 21:02:09
1 Justin schrieb:
2 > Henry Gebhardt schrieb:
3 >> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Justin <justin@×××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >>> Henry Gebhardt schrieb:
5 >>>> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Justin <justin@×××××××××.net> wrote:
6 >>>>> Justin schrieb:
7 >>>> (...)
8 >>>>> But I hit some bad thing, I am working alot with branches and noted that
9 >>>>> the .git dir growths and growths, although I removed the branches. Can
10 >>>>> I clean this up?
11 >>>> Yes! Collect all the garbage with
12 >>>>
13 >>>> $ git gc
14 >>>>
15 >>>> ~Henry
16 >>>>
17 >>> but that doesn't really shrink the size.
18 >> That's weird. How big is it getting? (Mine is 4.1 MB)
19 >>
20 > 150mb adn it shrinked with git gc --agressive down to 120mb.
21 >
22 > What I did was pulling other overlays as branch, doing an filterbranch
23 > and only merging certain thing. perhaps this is something different than
24 > branching the repo itself.
25 >
26 and of course deleted the branches afterwards