From: Olivier Fisette <ribosome@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] New category proposal - sci-vis
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 21:41:19
On Sunday, 27 November 2005 03:53 pm, Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
> I would like to propose the addition of a new category - sci-vis. The > category is intended for scientific visualisation tools. Many of these are > currently in media-gfx and I don't think they belong with photo editors, > image conversion tools etc. The category is quite big already and most of > the ebuilds in there are maintained by quite different herds.
+1 for me. There are also visualisation applications in other categories, such as matplotlib in dev-python, but I suppose we should only move end-user applications to sci-vis, not ploting libraries such as matplotlib and plplot. -- Olivier Fisette (ribosome) Gentoo Linux Developer Scientific applications, Developer relations