From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] mysql-4.1
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 13:50:57
1 Barry Marler wrote:
2
3 > The upgrade TOTALLY pfutzed my test box. After installing 4.1,
4 > revdep-rebuild wanted to build a bunch of ~x86 stuff (mod_php among
5 > them). I went back to the old version. I have three production servers
6 > running MySQL/Apache2/PHP, none of which will get this upgrade. For
7 > the 1st time in 3 years, Gentoo is really pissing me off.
8
9 Have you updated to the new Gentoo apache layout? If not, I imagine that
10 might be what have happened (and I'm not too happy about it myself). The
11 one thing that seems odd is that revdep is pulling ~x86 versions. Are
12 you sure its doing that, or is it pulling the new apache layout stuff
13 that appears to be ~x86 but is really stable now?
14
15 Believe me, I've complained about the whole 'apache upgrade' crap. I'm
16 just as pissed as you (and I'm even a developer!).
17
18 Best of luck and let us know if we can help you in any way.
21 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
22 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
23
24 ---
25 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
26 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
27
28 ramereth/irc.freenode.net