From: Josh Hunholz <josh@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] several semi-related questions
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 00:30:51
1 Actually, 2.0.54-r4 isn't the package you're thinking of...it's just
2 another regular update. :)
3
4 Chris Frederick wrote:
5
6 > Chris S wrote:
7 >
8 >> Ben Munat wrote:
9 >>
10 >>> Chris S wrote:
11 >>>
12 >>>> I like emerge -avDu world ; revdep-rebuild ; emerge -av --depclean
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >>>
17 >>> Every time you emerge? Every day? Once a week?
21 >> Well I rarely actually do that. I usually just update packages that
22 >> come out on GLSA.
23 >> But on the occasion that I have updated everything, I do that
24 >> (actually I re-do gcc and glibc and binutils etc first, twice ;))
27 > I run "emerge --pretend -v --update --deep --newuse world" via crontab
28 > every monday morning, thus sending me an email on whats outdated.
29 > This lets me keep a close eye on all the packages on the system and
30 > reminds me of any changes that I might have made to my USE variable.
31 > If I see anything important or if anything catches my eye, I'll update
32 > it. Otherwise, I just keep an eye on GLSA.
33 >
34 > Chris Frederick
38 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list