From: Chris Frederick <cdf123@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] several semi-related questions
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:25:03
1 Chris S wrote:
2 > Ben Munat wrote:
3 >
4 >> Chris S wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> I like emerge -avDu world ; revdep-rebuild ; emerge -av --depclean
10 >> Every time you emerge? Every day? Once a week?
13 > Well I rarely actually do that. I usually just update packages that come
14 > out on GLSA.
15 > But on the occasion that I have updated everything, I do that (actually
16 > I re-do gcc and glibc and binutils etc first, twice ;))
19 I run "emerge --pretend -v --update --deep --newuse world" via crontab
20 every monday morning, thus sending me an email on whats outdated. This
21 lets me keep a close eye on all the packages on the system and reminds
22 me of any changes that I might have made to my USE variable. If I see
23 anything important or if anything catches my eye, I'll update it.
24 Otherwise, I just keep an eye on GLSA.
25
26 Chris Frederick
29 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list