From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] qmail woes
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 07:56:22
1 That was giddy laughter that I hadn't considered that daemontools might
2 be running more than qmail. I don't think mine is, but it was good of
3 Eric to point that out.
4
5 I've given up on getting tcpserver to intercept a mail relay from
6 localhost to an address not in rcpthosts. I just put the address I
7 needed in rcpthosts and moved on. It's not the optimal solution and at
8 some point I'll come back to it and try to figure it out. But, I think
9 I've exhausted all the obvious ideas... I have other things on my plate.
10 And probably some quirk will pop up at me down the road and the mystery
11 will be solved.
12
13 Thanks for asking, though...
14
15 Ben
18 Georg Hubinger wrote:
19 > So is it working now or was this sarcasm?
23 >>hee hee... good point... though I don't think I've added anything else
24 >>to daemontools (it would have an entry under /service, right?)...
25 >>
26 >>And besides, all them there services need a good restartin' now and
27 >>then... ;-)
28 >>
29 >>b
32 >>Eric Paynter wrote:
33 >>
34 >>>Kashani said:
35 >>>
36 >>>
37 >>>>I'd also restart qmail, but I don't think that it's actually necessary.
38 >>>>/etc/init.d/svscan stop
39 >>>>/etc/init.d/svscan start
40 >>>
41 >>>
42 >>>eeeek!!! Only use this command if qmail is the only thing using
43 >>>daemontools!! This will restart every service in your /service directory.
44 >>>
45 >>>To restart only the smtp daemon, do:
46 >>>
47 >>>svc -t /service/qmail-smtpd
48 >>>
49 >>>-Eric