From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] net-www/apache-1* masked.
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 14:45:51
1 A. Khattri wrote:
2 > I have no problem with change as long as there is an easy way to keep what
3 > we have. After all, Gentoo is about having a choice and removing the
4 > apache flag from PHP without providing some other mechanism to keep it is
5 > simply removing choice.
6
7 I see this type of argument used all the time. Some people just don't seem to
8 get the fact that all Gentoo devs are volunteers, and we will do whatever makes
9 it easier on *us*. If you don't like it, don't bitch about choice. You have the
10 *choice* to learn how to maintain the stuff yourself and not complain. You don't
11 pay for Gentoo, so you don't have the right to tell any Gentoo dev what to do
12 with their volunteer time.</rant>
15 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
16 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
17 --
18 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list