From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] net-www/apache-1* masked.
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 14:26:24
1 On Mon, 14 May 2007, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2
3 > You're completely welcome to keep apache-1.x in an overlay (as well as all the
4 > ebuilds that use it) and continue running it. Don't complain about the decisions
5 > the *volunteer* devs make when you're not stepping up to help in any way.
6
7 Assuming we all know how to write and maintain ebuilds and know how to get
8 back to a version of PHP that builds for Apache 1.x...
9
10 I have no problem with change as long as there is an easy way to keep what
11 we have. After all, Gentoo is about having a choice and removing the
12 apache flag from PHP without providing some other mechanism to keep it is
13 simply removing choice.
14
15 Anyway, has anyone setup overlays for Apache 1.x and PHP 4.x that build
16 mod_php for Apache 1.x?
20 A
21 --
22 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list