From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] net-www/apache-1* masked.
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 14:02:26
1 A. Khattri wrote:
2 > On Sat, 12 May 2007, Luca Longinotti wrote:
3 >
4 >> As announced in the 30 April 2007 edition of GWN [1], net-www/apache-1*
5 >> as well as all packages depending/using it were masked, pending removal
6 >> on 12 June 2007.
7 >> I fixed all packages, dependencies, etc. I could find to work correctly
8 >> after the masking (generally removing Apache 1.X support from them).
9 >> If you find any issue still, please open a bug about it, assign it to
10 >> apache-bugs@g.o and make it block bug #178189 [2].
11 >> If you use or plan on using the apache-module or depend.apache eclasses,
12 >> be aware that the need_apache function doesn't anymore export the
13 >> apache2 USE flag to IUSE, since now it directly depends on Apache 2.X,
14 >> so be sure to declare it in your ebuilds IUSE (I fixed the few cases
15 >> where this wasn't already done).
16 >
17 > Annoying - can't even keep what I have without upgrading. I have servers
18 > in production that have broken PHP modules - can't downgrade to
19 > 4.4.6 either...
20
21 You're completely welcome to keep apache-1.x in an overlay (as well as all the
22 ebuilds that use it) and continue running it. Don't complain about the decisions
23 the *volunteer* devs make when you're not stepping up to help in any way.
26 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
27 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
28 --
29 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list