From: Francesco Riosa <vivo@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Gentoo-server project status and proposal
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:12:38
1 Ricardo Loureiro wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Thanks so far for all the feedback and sugestions. I'll try to reply
5 > to everyone in this mail.
6 >
7 > One of the things most ppl ask is about what DB i'm using, why and if
8 > i'm planning on support Mysql. I'm using PostgreSQL just because of
9 > stored procedures that would allow easier notifications of machines
10 > with vulnerable packages, etc. [...]
11
12 MySQL 5.0 has (some) trigger and stored procedures but may or may not
13 be stabilized before the project see his first release.
14 If you agree I'll try to mantain the schema for MySQL-5.0, it will be
15 funny work on that :-)
16
17 [...]
18
19 > >> keep possible to hook the function (pkg_setup, src_unpack ...)
20 > If I understood, you mean use this portage functions so we could add
21 > some tasks specific to a networked portage. Another neat idea, but
22 > outside the scope of the first release which must be done by the end
23 > of January.
24
25 Was more referred to something related to the
26 /etc/portage/profile/profile.bashrc
27 , concerning some thought from a Chris White blog [1] that permit to execute
28 code prior and after every ebuild function [2] .
29 Just thoughts, Forgive it ;-)
30
31 [... econf stuff todo ...]
32