From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] qmail woes
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 05:01:59
1 Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure it's a qmail/rcpthosts problem
2 because the java stuff has worked on other machines. Also, after sending
3 my email I kept mucking around and it occured to me to just have the
4 java code send the email to an address hosted on the server. After
5 making that change, the email goes through fine.
6
7 I could just leave it that way, but I would like the users of this
8 software to be able to configure it to send the mail anywhere. There
9 should be a way to set it up so that, if the mail originates from the
10 same machine, it's relayed. In fact, I'm surprised that it doesn't work
11 that way out of the box.
12
13 Thanks,
14
15 Ben
18 Benjamin Coles wrote:
19 > A few things to bear in mind here, if you setup a mail server, you need
20 > a domain. Let's call that domain 123.com then can you send an email
21 > locally as user@×××.com. That should work, if it doesn't you have a
22 > problem with your qmail setup. Now if you can then the problem would lie
23 > on the java side, maybe an incorrect hostname such as localhost.123.com
24 > in your configuration of your applet.
25 >
26 > If it happens to be the first problem look here
27 > /var/qmail/control/locals
28 > /var/qmail/control/me
29 > /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
30 >
31 > If you manage to figure out that it's sending to localhost.123.com you
32 > can also fix it server-side by adding that domain to rcpthosts.
33 >
34 > Benjamin Coles
35 > Gentoo Infrastructure
36 >