From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <support@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-server] Qmail - Spamassassin - Clamv
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:17:34
1 After a few growing pains I was able to switch from Sendmail to Qmail.
2 In the process and since I was using the Gentoo install doc
3
4 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/qmail-howto.xml
5
6 Now seeing as how I am sick of spam and viruses I went ahead followed
7 all instructions and emerged spamassassin clamv and once both were
8 installed I emerged qmail-scanner.
9
10 I also install relay-ctrl or what ever it was called to do pop/imap
11 before smtp.
12
13 Everything went well, but I am not sure that spamassassin nor clamv are
14 working. Were should I look for log entries etc to let me know if they
15 are working or not?
16
17 After installing the qmail-scanner, and making sure the proper entries
18 were in there. I noticed spamassassin was but spamc was not. So I added
19 the path and etc to spamc. Clamv was already there.
20
21 I modified all files and etc per the instruction, but I still get spam,
22 that does not have any spamassassin headers or etc. Not to mention
23 emails with attachments I am pretty sure contain viruses.
24
25 Not sure where to start looking? Qmail, Spamassassin, Clamv etc.
26
27 Any help or info is greatly appreciated.
28 --
29 Sincerely,
30 William L. Thomson Jr.
31 Support Group