From: Eduardo Tongson <propolice@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Stable Portage tree
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 17:02:53
1 > Speaking of this issue, actually I'm planning to setup a box with a 24
2 > SATA HDDs RAID5 array on a dual Opteron box intended to run Subversion
3 > to handle huge video files before this year end. I'm still afraid of
4 > using Gentoo because I'm not that yet convinced on it's stability
5 > especially when dealing file servers. I don't want to gamble and take a
6 > risk of my terabytes files but I also know that taking a risk is part of
7 > our life. Honestly, I'm choosing between Gentoo and CentOS 4.1.
8 >
9 > Good luck.
12 What makes CentOS 4.1 "more" stable than gentoo care to elaborate?
13
14 --ed
17 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list