From: "Francesco R." <vivo@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] mysql-4.1
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:17:07
1 Alle 14:00, venerdì 21 ottobre 2005, William Kenworthy ha scritto:
2 > I have now done two systems - and I now have two broken systems - and
3 > worse I cant find out whats broken until I go to use it ...
4 >
5 > The one where revdep-rebuild is showing nothing at all is at
6 > gentoolkit version 0.2.0-r2 - there are quite a few broken packages.
7 > (mostly from php, postfix and I think samba so far plus potentially a
8 > lot more)
9
10 <quoting from previous message>
11 A rather awful workaround is to rebuild every package that has the mysql
12 useflag. to generate a list try this oneliner:
13
14 emerge -epv --columns mysql \
15 | grep mysql | grep -v 'dev-db/mysql '\
16 | cut -c 17- \
17 | awk '{print "emerge --oneshot --nodeps", $1}'
18
19 then adjust the list for your needs.
20 </quoting from previous message>
21
22 This list will contain also packages with "mysql" use flag turned off.
25 > My work laptop is now deeply ill and I am going to have to spend a
26 > few hours on it on Monday. Revdep-rebuild lists many broken apps but
27 > isnt interested in fixing them! Just exits saying nothing to
28 > rebuild.
29
30 Hope that that will be cpu time and not human one
33 > Whats interesting about this is how mysql seems to have wriggled is
34 > way into the core of so many apps. I am really regretting turning
35 > that use flag on when it was only one app I wanted it for.
36
37 to achieve this it suffice to put USE="-mysql" in /etc/make.conf and to
38 enable it for required ebuild into /etc/portage/packge.use
42 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list