From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] mysql-4.1
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:04:31
1 I have now done two systems - and I now have two broken systems - and
2 worse I cant find out whats broken until I go to use it ...
3
4 The one where revdep-rebuild is showing nothing at all is at gentoolkit
5 version 0.2.0-r2 - there are quite a few broken packages. (mostly from
6 php, postfix and I think samba so far plus potentially a lot more)
7
8 My work laptop is now deeply ill and I am going to have to spend a few
9 hours on it on Monday. Revdep-rebuild lists many broken apps but isnt
10 interested in fixing them! Just exits saying nothing to rebuild.
11
12 Whats interesting about this is how mysql seems to have wriggled is way
13 into the core of so many apps. I am really regretting turning that use
14 flag on when it was only one app I wanted it for.
15
16 crap!
17
18 BillK