From: Jason Qualkenbush <Jason.Qualkenbush@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] Root commands > syslog
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:47:33
1 As far as logging commands once someone gets a root shell, I did find
2 some info (if anyone is interested). First, there was syscalltrack
3 (http://syscalltrack.sourceforge.net/index.html) which seems to work,
4 but looks to be more like a debugging tool.
5
6 I did find a bash shell patch called bash-bofh that logs all commands to
7 syslog. Though, I the only pages I seem to find are hacker oriented
8 pages and the homepage seems to raise backdoor questions
9 (http://www.ccitt5.net). Still, the bash-bofh is the closest to what I
10 seek so far.
11
12 Anyone using a modified shell like this?
13
14 -Jason
17 -----Original Message-----
18 From: Jason Qualkenbush
19 Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 11:53 AM
20 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
21 Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] Root commands > syslog
25 Ahhh! Got it. I should stop using "/bin/su -" and force sudo use
26 instead. It sounds more secure, gets what I want, and sounds like best
27 practice anyway. Thanks.
28
29 -Jason
30
31 -----Original Message-----
32 From: Dan Noe [mailto:dpn@×××××××××.net]
33 Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 11:47 AM
34 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
35 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Root commands > syslog