From: mRyOuNg <mryoung@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] firewall apps ?
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 10:54:59
8 Hi there,
9
10 I'm currently planning using a standalone box based on gentoo to build
11 a firewall for something like 40/50 persons. I don't have money to buy
12 some interesting appliances, and honestly, i prefer using a linux box
13 to do it.
14
15 Currently, I'm using a self made script creating, via iptables, all
16 rules i need.
17 My needs are:
18 . standard management of input/output rules from/to lan/internet
19 . managing 1 or 2 DMZs
20 . Be secure (like spoofing protection, syn flood protection, no private
21 network on external if, etc).
22 . ipv6
23 . autoban based on snort/port scan
24 . and usual nat/pat stuffs
25
26 My scripts are doing all of this, but in fact, i want something
27 maintened by people expert in security and iptables ... because i don't
28 have time to maintain my scripts anymore, and i'm not that an expert !
29 ;)
30
31 I already look at most firewall available in portage, but i have no
32 time to test them all, and to decide which one to choose.
33
34 Can someone point me to the corresponding firewall product for
35 linux/iptables/ and such ... ?
36
37 Thanks in advance for your answer.
38
39 bybye
42 body {
43 font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
44 font-size: 12px;
45 color: #000000;
46 background-color: #FFFFFF;
47 text-decoration: none;
48 }
49
50 . mRyOuNg . [ SoundBomb . Syn[Rj] ] .
51
52 mail: mryoung@×××××××××.net
53 web : mryoung.soundbomb.net
58 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list