From: Jeroen Geilman <jeroen@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] firewall apps ?
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 11:17:21
1 mRyOuNg wrote:
2 > Hi there,
3 >
4 > I'm currently planning using a standalone box based on gentoo to build
5 > a firewall for something like 40/50 persons. I don't have money to buy
6 > some interesting appliances, and honestly, i prefer using a linux box
7 > to do it.
8 >
9 > Currently, I'm using a self made script creating, via iptables, all
10 > rules i need.
11 > My needs are:
12 > . standard management of input/output rules from/to lan/internet
13 > . managing 1 or 2 DMZs
14 > . Be secure (like spoofing protection, syn flood protection, no
15 > private network on external if, etc).
16 > . ipv6
17 > . autoban based on snort/port scan
18 > . and usual nat/pat stuffs
19
20 www.ipcop.org
21
22 Seriously - it's light-weight, has up to 4 networks and does everything
23 you ask for - with an easy-to-use web interface.
24
25 J
28 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list