From: mRyOuNg <mryoung@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] firewall apps ?
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 16:27:51
1 Jeroen Geilman a écrit :
2 > mRyOuNg wrote:
3 >> Hi there,
4 >>
5 >> I'm currently planning using a standalone box based on gentoo to build
6 >> a firewall for something like 40/50 persons. I don't have money to buy
7 >> some interesting appliances, and honestly, i prefer using a linux box
8 >> to do it.
9 >>
10 >> Currently, I'm using a self made script creating, via iptables, all
11 >> rules i need.
12 >> My needs are:
13 >> . standard management of input/output rules from/to lan/internet
14 >> . managing 1 or 2 DMZs
15 >> . Be secure (like spoofing protection, syn flood protection, no
16 >> private network on external if, etc).
17 >> . ipv6
18 >> . autoban based on snort/port scan
19 >> . and usual nat/pat stuffs
20 >
21 > www.ipcop.org
22 >
23 > Seriously - it's light-weight, has up to 4 networks and does everything
24 > you ask for - with an easy-to-use web interface.
25 >
26 > J
29 Thanks for your answer.
30
31 Indeed, I already know IPCop, and i'm using it on an other customer site.
32 The problem is that IPCop is a standalone distro, and, for this
33 particular case, i would use a regular linux distro like gentoo ...
34
35 Any other ideas ?
36
37 Thanks in advance
38 Bybye!
41 . mRyOuNg :: [ SoundBomb . Syn[Rj] ] .
42 mail: mryoung@×××××××××.net
43 web : mryoung.soundbomb.net
44 --
45 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list