From: Woody2143 <woody2143@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] PAM log entry
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:54:38
1 Those error messages have been coming up in a few different posts
2 round the forums as of late. It seems the lastest pam update b0rked a
3 few things in terms of remote logins. Nobody has a good answer and a
4 proper fix from what I have seen, but if you need to get in to the box
5 do the following:
6
7 Edit /etc/security/pam_env.conf
8 Comment out the following lines:
9 REMOTEHOST DEFAULT= OVERRIDE=@{PAM_RHOST}
10 DISPLAY DEFAULT=${REMOTEHOST}:0.0 OVERRIDE=${DISPLAY}
11 XAUTHORITY DEFAULT= OVERRIDE=@{XAUTHORITY}
14 This may somehow be a very evil or Very Bad Thing to do security wise
15 so use at your own risk; but I can say for sure that it solved my
16 problem with logging in remotely.