From: Kerin Millar <kerin@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] My stab at a 2.4.22 "server" patch
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:03:58
1 Hi,
2
3 further to my recent post about getting a new patch going for 2.4.22, I
4 have started working on it and a first release is available. You can
5 read more about it here:
6
7 http://www.recruit2recruit.net/kerframil/patches.html
8
9 I have determined that the -aa tree is the best bet (notably, WOLK is
10 based on the 2.4.20 -aa tree). So the patch that is there now is simple
11 a merge of aa and the extra fixes provided by the -uv2 patchset.
12
13 I'm already going through the components of -aa carefully with a view to
14 dropping some (not strictly necessary) patches and actually putting some
15 real effort into my patch, rather than just making changes against the
16 entire -aa tree. Hopefully, that will get me to a point where I can take
17 more control and have a crack at merging in some of the niceties that
18 many of us are used to.
19
20 I will also try and generate a comprehensive list of invidividual
21 patches (regardless of the source) with clear explanations of each patch
22 and the purpose of its inclusion. I'll most probably get that done over
23 the weekend, and possibly the next release.
24
25 --Kerin Francis Millar