From: Jesse Pasichnyk <jesse@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: 'Donatas' <info@×××××××××××××.net>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] kernel panic
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 22:19:09
1 I see you have SATA disks but you are running them from the SAS controller?
2 Your lspci output that you also have an " Intel Corporation
3 631xESB/632xESB/3100 Chipset SATA IDE Controller (rev 09)".
4
5 Why don't you try running your drives from this controller. That controller
6 will work with the standard Intel SATA drivers... Maybe be easier to get
7 running for you. I know some vendors (specifically Adaptec) have had
8 problems with their older drivers for SAS not supporting SATA devices.
9 Maybe LSI has a similar issue?
10
11 -
12 Jesse
16 -----Original Message-----
17 From: Donatas [mailto:info@×××××××××××××.net]
18 Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:03 PM
19 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
20 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] kernel panic
24 Todd M. Hébert raðë:
25 > Do you have support built-into the kernel for this device:
26 >
27 > 03:00.0 SCSI storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS1064ET
28 > PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS (rev 04) ??
29 > Device-Drivers >> SCSI device support >> SCSI Transports >> SAS
30 > Transport Attributes *
31
32 If I select SAS Domain Transport Attributes *, then I have "---" on SAS
33 Transport Attributes
34
35 When I deselect SAS Domain Transport Attributes, then only SAS
36 Transport Attributes can by selected
37
38 By default SAS Domain Transport Attributes were selected.
41 Device-Drivers >> SCSI device support >> SCSI
42 > Transports >> SAS Domain Transport Attributes *
43 > Device-Drivers >> SCSI device support >> SCSI low-level drivers >> LSI
44 > Logic New Generation RAID Device Drivers *
45 > LSI Logic Management
46 > Module *
49 > LSI Logic MegaRAID Driver *
50 >
51 > Device-Drivers >> SCSI device support >> SCSI low-level drivers >> LSI
52 > Logic MegaRAID SAS RAID Module *
55 > All these bits should be in there NOT as modules if you're booting off
56 > an array that's on one of those controllers.
57
58 All these were selecten as *, but didin't help :-/
59 --
60 gentoo-server@l.g.o mailing list
64 gentoo-server@l.g.o mailing list